Taal Tips & Trucs: internationale meeting
Checklist voor deelname aan een internationale vergadering
- Lets get started, shall we?
- I have received the apologies from .
Approving the minutes of the meeting
- Can I take it (that) you've all read the minutes?
- Are there any matters arising from the minutes?
Stating the purpose of the meeting
- We're here today to .
- I've called this meeting to
Referring to the agenda and inviting contributions
- As you can see, the first item on the agenda is .
- The first point we have to consider is ..
Controlling the meeting
- Thank you Mr ., could we now move on to item . On the agenda?
- Can we move on then to the next item on the agenda?
- What are your views on this?
- You look as though you would like to say something.
Keeping control of the meeting
- Could we get back to the main point please?
- Can we keep our comments brief and to the point, please?
Dealing with interruptions
- Just a moment We'll come to you in a minute.
Inviting votes and asking for consensus
- Please raise your hands if you are in favour of /Are we agreed on that?
Asking for clarification
- Could you please give us some more details of
- I'm sorry but I didn't quite follow what you said about .
Asking for any other business
- Does anyone have any other business or points they would like to raise?
Participating in a meeting: Structuring your argument
- I'd like to make three main points: Firstly, Secondly, Finally/Last
Advantages and disadvantages
- There are several advantages/The disadvantages are
- There are (two) possible solutions./One possibility is .Alternatively, .
Making your point
- I think it's important to remember ../I'd like to make a point here.
- That seems like a good idea/I've no objections to that.
- I'm sorry, I don't agree/I'm afraid, I don't agree
- May I say something at this stage/juncture?/Sorry to interrupt, but
Asking for clarification
- I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that /I'm sorry, but I don't follow you.
- What I mean is ../Let me elaborate on that
Ending the meeting
- I'll just go over what we've agreed today/So, to summarise, ..
Closing the meeting
- I think we can bring the meeting to a close
- That has been a most useful meeting.
- I hope to see you all again in .
Samenwerken met internationale collegas, klanten of leveranciers? Volg de cultuurworkshop Working Successfully across Cultures om inzicht te krijgen in de complexiteit, de uitdagingen en valkuilen van het zakendoen over de grens.